Sunday, May 4, 2008

Phish: Urgent mail from Zhang Morgan Liu

Ok. Classic example of poor English. There's your first tip off. Secondly- no legitimate business is going to contact a random stranger that was found in an email directory (particularly if your email address isn't in an email directory). Stating that they haven't met me before is, um, obvious. I think I'd know if I'd met them or not.

I absolutely love the vagueness of a "business proposal" and a "transaction", and how they'll "get back to me" on its "urgency". Riiiight. Sometimes I'm tempted to respond, just so I can here more absurdities, but really, who needs that when you have the news?

From: "Zhang Morgan Liu"
Reply-To: zhangm_liu60@terra.com
To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: Urgent mail from Zhang Morgan Liu
Date: Tue 04/08/08 05:44 PM

From :Zhang Morgan Liu
Email:zhangm_liu60@terra.com

Attn.,

I hope this mail finds you well. Zhang Morgan Liu is my name and I am
writing to direct an urgent business proposal to you . I really have not
personally met with you before. Your contact information was gotten from
an email directory.

I would be needing your attention on an urgent business transaction.
Owing to the urgency of this transaction,I would appreciate an immediate
response from you to confirm the receipt of my mail. As soon as I get
this response from you,I would furnish you with details of the
transaction and the urgency at which we need to get it concluded.



Kind regards,
Zhang Morgan

No comments: