Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Phish: RE:SERIOUS ORGANISED CRIME AGENCY

Wow! Interpol is contacting me directly? I'm so special! And they're even giving me a private email address with which to contact them, since that's what hotmail is, right? And, oh... I suppose "interpolscamalert" was taken as an email address since they were forced to use "intapolscamalart", which is nearly the same thing.

And, how interesting. Information that I gave them about a scam helped them to catch the scammer! Oh, wait. I never gave information to Interpol about anything, and I have yet to be scammed for anything but my email address.

And how interesting that they're based "here in the UK", yet list the address of Jersey City, United States. And which Jersey City, anyway? That's not a state, you numbskulls!

*snarf* This spam was so funny, I had to read it aloud to my husband before posting it. I'll just mark the funniest typos in blue.

From: "INTERPOL®"
Reply-To: "INTERPOL®"
To:
Subject: RE:SERIOUS ORGANISED CRIME AGENCY
Date: Wed 06/25/08 06:21 PM

77 Amity Street, Jersey City,
United States.
26 / 06 / 2008

Hello

These is Brigadier Suhail Amor Bait Fadhil from INTERPOL in
the criminal investigation department.We are glad to inform
you due to the information that was given to the authority by
you,we have been able to arrest the scam-er that scammed you
along with so many inter-net user.

He fell victim in one of the western union money transfer
here in the UK,tyring to claim money with the same name that
has been reported so many times.

We know it took us a long time to get him,but due to further
investigation and search to his private account,we assure you
that your money will be refunded back to you.
To enable us know if you are still in use of these E-mail
address Please contact the INTERPOL Secretary General with
the following:

NAME:
COUNTRY:
PHONE NO:
AMOUNT BEING SCAMMED:

Ronald K. Noble
+447024043202
intapolscamalart@hotmail.com
HTTP://www.soca.gov.uk/orgCrime/sectorFraud.html

No comments: