Thursday, July 3, 2008

Phish: Please I Need Your Help.{06/23/08}

Let me just take this one one paragraph at a time.

From: Mr.Nathan Ooje
Reply-To: nathan.ooje@o2.pl
To: [redacted]
Subject: Please I Need Your Help.{06/23/08}
Date: Sun 06/29/08 06:52 AM


Dear Sir,

Ok, actually, I'm a Ma'am. Or Madam. Mistress, Mrs.- whatever. What I am not, is a "sir".

My name is Mr. Nathan Ooje; I was formerly an Adviser on special duties
to Mr. Charles Taylor former president of Liberia. The purpose of this
letter is to seek your assistance in transferring/investing the sum of
Sixteen Million United States Dollars {$16M} for me pending when I sort
myself out with the government of Nigeria where I am presently on
asylum
.

You're on asylum. I don't even want to know what that means. And do I care who you were advisor to? Look, I'm an American. We don't know what goes on in the world let alone who other countries' politicians are. We certainly don't know if we side with your politicians or not when we can't even decide which of our politicians we like or hate the most.

I need your urgent help to move this fund out of this country because, I
am taxed heavily by local revenue office here in Nigeria whose tax laws
I consider arbitrary and this places great burden on me. I feel very
insecure with everything around here and I have the believe that I might
end up losing the fund to this shy luck agency in the name of tax if
urgent action is not taken by me. That�s my reason of looking for your
assistance at this point in time.


Well now. I consider our country's tax laws arbitrary as well. How about if I ask you to handle my money for me so that I no longer have the burden of, um, obeying the law. I'm glad you feel insecure as well. You know why? Because it's nice to know that I'm not alone. And I'm not asking what a shy luck agency is. I really don't want to know.

Please note the amount is in Nigeria bank, one of the leading banks in
Nigeria ironically this fund does not yield any interest because it was
placed as dormant account but regrettably the revenue office makes
deductions out of this money and you know the implication of this action
it might goes off to the revenue office as tax all the time, till the
total fund is gone. I want you to consider and help me out from this
mess.

Yah. See, I'm having the same problem with my ClickBank account. They keep deducting money from my account because I haven't had 5 sales from 5 different credit cards made by 5 different people. By the end of the year, that account may be bankrupt. So, you see, I'm in the same boat. In fact, I'll be gracious and totally ignore the illegality of what you're asking as well as your atrocious grammar.

I need this data�s to forward to the ministries concern for the
transferring immediately, Your Full Name and Address, Your bank name and
address, Your private phone/cell phone and Your account and swift codes.


There's that swift codes thing again. What the heck is a swift code? And no. I don't hand out my name, let alone all the other information just willy nilly (hey, you used weird phrases too!). If I believed for one second that this email was legit, I'd be calling the authorities, not posting this email up on my very public blog of phishing and spam emails. Good thing you sent this out to thousands of other people, isn't it?

I wait on your good gesture towards my family and me.

Oh, I got your gesture right here, buddy.

Regards,

Mr. Nathan Ooje.


Same to you.

No comments: